Apple iPod Touch
Apple iPod Touch
iPod touch is considered as the newest line of iPod being introduced in the market. Apple iPod Touch comes in six generations which means that the storage capacity has now gotten higher and even bigger once iPod Touch introduces their 7th gen. What revolutionized iPod Touch from its predecessors is that the device has the capacity to access the App Store. With this, users can already purchase applications for their iPod Touch in the comforts of their home. The 2nd generation iPod Touch was equipped with built-in speaker system which was not a part of the 3rd generation. Meanwhile, the 3rd gen has a speed boost feature of an additional 50% which means that the 3rd gen is faster in rendering audio and video files.
In terms of physical qualities, the iPod Touch comes with a dimension of 4.86” (height) x 2.31” (width) x.24” (depth) and has a weight of 3.10 ounces. Its touchscreen features and internet connectivity has also placed the iPod Touch in a higher league compared to its predecessors. Users can enjoy the widescreen display inherent on all iPod Touch versions which measures at around 4” diagonally and has a multi touch IPS technology. While the first three generations of iPod Touch lack camera functions, the newer models are equipped with a 5-pixel iSight camera with practical features such as AutoFocus, backside illumination, LED Flash, Face detection, and HD video recording among others. The iPod Touch runs on a built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery that can support around 40 hours of music playback time and eight hours of video playback duration.
• Apple iPod Touch comes in different colors and the newer versions are equipped with extra features such Facetime, iMessages, e-mail reader capability, iCloud, movie rental application and the addition of the camera functions.
• Least expensive among Apple’s iOS applications.
• iPod Touch camera is capable of taking quality pictures and function as an HD camcorder at the same time.
• Clean, seamless look and weighs light.
• Has the same hardware specification as the iPhone.
• The 4th gen iPod touch is integrated with a mono microphone which is relevant for FaceTime, camcording, Voice Memos and even on third-party VoIP without the need for an earpiece.
• Internet connectivity, touchscreen features and the capacity to browse the App Store.
• The gaming experience with iPod Touch is quite impressive, from the widescreen display and graphics to the wide selection of game applications in the App Store. The fourth generation iPod Touch also comes with preinstalled game application.
• iPod Touch has retained the high music and video quality that iPod has been known for.
• Allows the use of third-party audio streaming and Netflix subscription.
• Photo quality does not match to iPhone 4.
• No 3G service.
• Good in camcording but not as great as other dedicated pocket camcorders such as the Flip (although Flip does not have internet connectivity).
For those who see iPod Touch as its own entity and not a pocket iPad nor an iPhone without a phone, iPod Touch undeniably offers a great value for money. It has revolutionized the way that iPod functions with its internet connectivity and camera functions. In addition, Apple has maintained the great benefits found in iPod Touch over the years as it still provides great music and video quality. Its capacity to access the App Store is another plus for the iPod Touch. Yes, even the newest versions of the iPod Touch can’t come at par with the iPhone and the iPad, but on its own league, iPod Touch is totally unmatched in terms of features and price value.